Rifle Deer & Antelope Equipment List
Proper preparation for a hunting trip is essential. The following is a list of items we feel will cover your needs comfortably while hunting with us this fall.
- Hunting License & Tags
- 2 pair hunting pants
- 2 jackets (one heavy for boat ride) fleece and/or Gore-Tex
- I use Kuiu or Sitka Gear Optifade & their layering system. Other similar products also work. Camo patterns should be light in color. We find that Realtree Max-1 or Cabela?s Seclusion 3D Open Country are also good colors.
- 4 pr. Lightweight socks
- 4 pr. Heavy socks
- 1 pair hiking shoes
- 1 pair heavier boots(up to 800 grams insulation)
- Packable rain gear
- Day pack or fanny pack
- Ball cap and warm hat
- 2 pair gloves
- 400 sq. inch hunter?s orange vest (Montana requirement)
- Pocketable camera
- Rifle with two boxes of shells
- Shotgun with two boxes (bird hunting)
- Personal items and clothes for around camp (Our lodgings)
We suggest anything from a .243 to a .300 Win. Mag. for a rifle. I highly recommend a Harris bipod or Shooters Ridge bipod (9-13 inch). For our area the bipod is the only way to go. Leave the shooting sticks at home. Use a variable power 2×7, 3×9 or the like for a rifle scope. Gun should be zeroed at 200 yards. Your guide will have a spotting scope and range finder.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.